For Over 150 Years, The Standard of Accuracy
Resources & Technical Papers
This page provides a list of white papers, articles, technical resources, and videos that has been written or compiled by Pratt & Whitney Engineers and Technical Specialists. All Technical Papers are provided as PDF documents. Articles are generally provided as links. If you would like more information on a particular subject matter, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
White Papers / Articles
- Thread Gage Calibration / Thread Measurement
- Gage Block Calibration Tolerances
- Gage Calibration Equipment
- Bench Micrometer / Bench Gage
- Calibration Services
- Cylindrical Gages - Plugs, Pins, Rings, Master Discs
- Gauge Block Comparator
- Laser Micrometers
- 3-Wire Thread Measuring System
- ACME Threads
- Dimensional Metrology
- Bench Micrometer
- Roller Bearings (Tapered, Cylindrical, Spherical, Needle)
- Tri-Roll Thread Comparators (developed by Pratt & Whitney Small Tool)
- Variable Screw Thread Gages
- Thickness Gage (contact rolling mill strip gauges)
- Comparator gages
- American National Standards Institute (ASME/ANSI)
- Gage Maker Tolerance Chart
- ASME/ANSI/BS/ISO B89, B1.2, B1.16M, AFBMA, BS4311, ISO3650, BS4065, BS4064, BS969
- National, Regional, and International Standards
- Thread Measuring Wires
- Taper Pipe Threads (API & NPT have the same taper angle of 0.75-inch/foot).
- National Pipe Thread Taper (NPT) is a U.S. standard for tapered threads used on threaded pipes and fittings. A taper thread will pull tight and therefore make a fluid-tight seal. NPT is defined by ANSI/ASME standard B1.20.1.
- The American Petroleum Institute (API) established a tightly controlled gaging program to insure that the API thread form specifications are met in the manufacturing of oil field equipment, tools and pipe. [API Oil Country Gages]
- Pratt & Whitney's video library includes a number of short films on various topics including instrument functionality and Metrology measuring applications.
- Video Library: Link
| | Share